Position Title: Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of duties – Plan, direct and maintain the functions and day-to-day operations of the security department for the company from the Chesapeake, VA Headquarters. Accountable for the company’s compliance with National Industrial Security Program. Ensure security records and files are complete and up to date with required documentation. Primary contact for interfacing with government security representatives. Establishes and implements security program policies and procedures for processing personnel and facility clearances. Creates and maintains security training program
Specific description of duties:
- Manage daily implementation and execution of the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM)
- Develop, administer, and audit security programs for compliance with government regulations associated with the protection of classified material and export-controlled data
- Direct subordinates and ensure field offices are operating in compliance with standards.
- Provide support with clearance processing, clearance verifications and visit requests through DISS.
- Provide guidance and assistance to facility personnel and interface with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). This includes DISS account management, maintain existing and initialize new personal security clearances for approximately a one-hundred-person organization, and process/handle a large volume of visit requests.
- Provide assistance with initial, refresher and foreign briefings.
- Maintain a Security Awareness Training Program
- Report any and all suspicious contacts
- Report all adverse information
- Assist/support with any and all security related tasks to include maintaining database, utilizing SWFT and NISS, and updating DISS, visit requests, responding to security inquires training, briefings and annual DCSA facility self-inspections and Security Audits.
- Conduct regular audits of employee background investigations to ensure compliance and submission of required paperwork and appropriate investigations.
- Responsible for developing instructions and procedures needed to implement policies to create efficient clearance processing.
- Occasional travel outside the local area may be required
- Possession of an active State Drivers License is required
- Continue professional development knowledge and keep abreast of the interworking in the field of security.
- May be expected to perform other administrative duties and assist with human resources, finance, and travel.
Education / Specialized training –
- High School diploma or GED mandatory
- 5+ years experience with Personnel or Industrial Security required
- Position requires US citizenship and must have an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with SWFT, DISS, and NISS.
- Must have completed the following Industrial Security Management Courses:
FSO Role in the NISP (IS021.06)
Essential of Industrial Security Management
Safeguarding Classified Information in the NISP
Marking Classified Information
Transmission & Transportation for Industry
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
JPAS/JCAVS Training for Security Professionals
NISPOM Chapter 8 Security Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision and be a team player.
- Candidate must be a self-driven and results-oriented individual, capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Security Clearance –
- Must have current SECRET eligibility
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
Physical requirements may include the following:
- Lifting/moving up to and including 25 pounds
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 350 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.