Position Title: Integrated Master Scheduler
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of duties – The Integrated Master Scheduler supports the Program Management Office (PMO) managed programs within Prism Maritime’s C4ISR awarded prime contracts located in Chesapeake, VA. This position will have responsibility for the development and maintenance of project schedules.
Specific description of duties
- Develops, coordinates, integrates, analyzes, and maintains, a resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) / POA&M to meet program and/or project tracking and reporting requirements.
- Develop projects plans including sub-projects and update accordingly.
- Produces metrics for plans and schedules for moderately complex projects, programs, and change activities across the lifecycle of a program.
- Performs studies/analysis and planning efforts, within and/or across programs/projects, organizations or business units to determine impacts, constraints, and plans involving Naval shipboard installation activities.
- Develops the Integrated Master Schedule and supports change incorporation plans related to integrated scheduling products.
- Performs integration of program plans, estimates and schedules, horizontally and vertically, across company functional areas, installation tasks, subcontractors and teaming partners of moderate complexity.
- Identifies, analyzes and reports performance variances to management.
- Works with Program Managers to develop performance recovery plans and incorporates recovery plans where appropriate.
- Provides training and mentoring to lower level employees.
- Ability to travel, typically to San Diego, to work with project PMs and other scheduling staff.
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
Additional Skills and Duties
- Prepare cost and time estimates (time, labor, material and travel) for alteration and repair.
- Conduct thorough ship checks and site visits (when possible) with assigned Production personnel to identify detailed scope of work including interferences, as-found conditions, projected schedule, material, etc.
- Coordinate with Production, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, customers and vendors to develop and discuss estimated costs and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for each task, RFQ, RFP or work package.
- Possess a thorough understanding of repair definition, production procedures, planning procedures, material requirements, adherence to technical instructions/directives and other similar experience in preparing contract specifications (bid specification).
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
- Five (5) years minimum experience with MS Project scheduling, required, with most recent experience within the past 2 years.
- Recent experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- One (1) year minimum experience with estimating project requirements.
- Five (5) years minimum experience with resource loaded schedules incorporating labor and materials.
- Two (2) years minimum experience in reporting and applying Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology and analysis.
- Advanced level knowledge with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel, required.
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Visio, required.
- Experience as Master Scheduler.
Certifications/Licenses (as required for the task being performed)
- Diploma required for listed formal education.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation desired, but not required.
- Clearance up to secret level may be required.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
- Physical requirements may include the following: May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.